Emerita is focused on advancing the Plaza Norte Project, a high-grade zinc project located in North Spain, and the Salobro Project, an advanced zinc project located in Brazil recently purchased from Vale and IMS Engenharia. Emerita is also in the process of acquiring two premier zinc development opportunities: the Aznalcóllar Project and the Paymogo Zinc Project.
The Salobro Project is comprised of two mining applications covering ~1,030 hectares located in the Minas Gerais State of Brazil. According to a historical resource estimate report, the Salobro Project deposit is estimated to contain 8.3 million tonnes grading 7.12% zinc plus lead. Emerita will initially own 75% of Salobro with an exclusive right to acquire the remaining 25% interest.
Emerita and its Spanish JV partner, Aldesa, has been awarded exploration concessions comprising 120 claims (3,600 hectares) in the Santillana Syncline (the Plaza Norte Project). The Plaza Norte Project is located in the Reocin Basin which hosts the famous Reocin mine, formerly one of the premier zinc producers in Europe with past production of ~62 million tonnes grading at 11% zinc and 1.4% lead.
Aznalcóllar (Public Tender Process)
The Aznalcóllar Project is a past-producing property within the prolific Iberian Pyrite Belt. The focus of the project is the re-development of the Los Frailes deposit which is a high-grade VMS deposit (Zn-Pb-Cu). The historical open pit mineral resource as calculated by the previous operator of the mine was estimated to be 71 million tonnes grading 3.86% zinc, 2.18% lead, 0.34% copper and 60 ppm silver. Emerita completed extensive engineering, environmental and water management studies as part of the public tender process.
Paymogo (Public Tender Process)
The Paymogo Project is located in southwestern Spain and geologically is underlain by rocks of the Iberian Pyrite Belt which is a prolific VMS terrane with numerous current and past producers of base metals sulphides. Paymogo hosts two previously outlined deposits named La Infanta and Romanera, with both deposits remaining open at depth.